[IP] Simulate - D for a week

In a message dated 10/5/00 2:39:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 Recently many people have talked about getting a teen to "do diabetes
 correctly". Any of you voluntarily willing to simulate "living with
 diabetes" for a month? Or even a week? I have heard of a professor who
 gave that assignment to some of his med students; they all refused.
Most couldnt do it a day - with me telling them every step to take, finally,
they learned to keep their mouth shut when it was shot time for Kap, he took
the shot in his own time. Not theirs.  My family drove me crazy, pressuring
Kap - "Hurry and gone on and take the shot"
Funny, you could hear a pin drop when I told them to do it to themselves, to
see how it felt.
His D, his Life, he has to learn to live w/ it daily - not me nor anyone one
else.  All we can do is give support and be there for them on bad days.  And
share many enjoyable moments.

Thanks for listening!
Darlene - Mom to Kap - reminding everyone to have more than 1 plunger for the
soft-set.  Because they can get misplaced and not be found.  Learned the hard