Re: [IP] Could Just Scream

On 6 Oct 00, at 10:27, email @ redacted wrote:

> I was dropping Brynn off at the neighbors this week when the mom said to
> me,"wait I have an article all about diabetes for you".

>... I came to the conclusion that she
> has not heard a word of what I have tried to tell her this past year.
> To try and explain is a waste of breath.

Welcome to the wonderful world of trying to educate the lay public.  They
seem to be unable to understand that there are at least two kinds of
diabetes and no matter what you try to teach them they always fall back on
that newspaper clipping or item from the supermarket tabloid as the
absolute truth even though all it mentioned was some kind of ambigous
fringe idea...

Keep on trying.  I think the average person has to hear or see something
seventy or eighty times before it begins to impinge upon their awareness...

Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)