Re: [IP] (IP) Diabetes horrible?? (My opinion)

I understand how people can say, "deal with it," "eat healthy," etc.  But
you know, I would rather have the CHOICE.  Diabetes is not a CHOICE.  I
can't choose to eat healthy, I have to.  I can't choose to eat junk food all
the time, I can't.

I totally agree with the point made about funding.  You know why diabetes
doesn't get the funding it needs?  Because when it kills people - WHICH IT
DOES - the cause of death is "heart disease," "stroke," "kidney failure."
Unfortunately these things were caused by diabetes.  When my mother died
last year after fighting this disease for over 40 years, the cause of death
was listed, by our request, as "complications from diabetes."

And she always said, "This sucks."

That's just my opinion...