Re: [IP] Parenting a Teen with Diabetes.....

Melanie writes such truth.  I have come to the same conclusion with my teen;
get out of the middle and let a good medical team be her consultants.  Then
your role becomes more supportive on the daily tasks.  This is closer to the
role you would normally have with a non-diabetic teen.  It is important that
teens be allowed to separate from parents as the developmental timetable
dictates.  Anything the delays or thwarts the teen's efforts to separate
(including diabetes) is a bad thing.
Great post and good stuff.