[IP] Adult mentors

Natalie wrote:

<<I wonder whether there is an adult Type 1 in the area who might be
willing to be her mentor -- not sit down for heavy duty lectures, but
just spend time with her, and take her out to lunch and a movie, or
ice-skating, or whatever she likes to do. Then she could see the adult
DO this stuff as a matter of fact, not lecturing HER to do it, but just
show her that someone else is doing it! With no muss, no fuss and nobother.
I've often thought that the facet of diabetes care for children that is
missing is contact with an older role-model. Parents who are not
diabetic CAN'T do that. They can care, and learn, and love the child,
and be there as a non-diabetic, but they can't actually SHOW the child
what it is to live with diabetes every freakin' day!>>

I love this idea!