[IP] sils

I inserted a sil yesterday in anticipation of my daughters pump start soon
(we're in insurance approval stage.)  The insertion went pretty well - I
anticipated a lot of pain, but didn't feel a thing after icing the site.

My question:  do people put a dressing over the sil after inserting?  At one
point, my fingernail "nicked" the exposed end of the cannula, causing the
cannula to pull out of me a little and creating a 90 degree bend in the
thing.  I don't think insulin would have been able to get through that...

Sally, mom to Nora, 6, pumping soon