Re: [IP] Growing Child

Are you worried that Kap feels low when he's high blood glucose? That is the
unfortunate symptomology we live with. What can we compare to a mother's
love? You bear all the anguish of the disease. If its not every day then
don't change the basal. Here's my suggestion and it is what we design
engineers do when our million transistor circuits aren't doing what we
designed them to. We let it run and gather information. Just gather
information and define what exactly it does. Thats all. Don't go on to the
fixing it stage until you know what its doing. Our bodies are less understood
than computer circuits, you know. What do we know so far about diabetes and
insulin therapy applied to Kap's body? 1. Shortly after 2am his blood sugar
rises. Well, I myself more than double my basal rate before the dawn
phenomenon. Here's my last idea from my typical problems. There are usualy
more than one ways to skin a cat. So I take one corrective measure and I also
take a second corrective measure just to be sure. Well, with diabetes we
can't afford to overcorrect. Its a balance we attain. Example: I don't want a
reaction while I run. I suspend insulin for 3 hours ,OR, I run on a full
stomache. For my first 5k race I did both with predictable though sadly
unanticipated results.