Re: [IP] Sad, mad and discouraged

My recommendation is to keep calling whoever has the ball to make
sure things are going forward, always being polite and enthusiastic
about getting him on the pump and almost apologetic about bothering
the person again.  The fact that you did not know the endo was on
vacation tells me that you weren't calling often enough.  My
stumbling block was the Disetronic people going on vacation and
losing papers I had faxed to them, but continued phone calls got them
back on track.

In the meantime, you can do carb counting with MDI.  If someone took
away Trent's pump tomorrow I think I would just use R and H and do
injections every 2 or 3 hours on an indefinite basis.  Even with the
pump I have to check BG's multiple times during the night, so giving
injections would be doable.

Tim, father of Trent age 4, pumping