[IP] Sad, mad and discouraged

We have been trying to get Cory on an insulin pump for almost a year now.
Our former endo said he would not put anyone under 12 on one so we left town,
traveled 2 1/2 hours farther away to get an endo who has a large children's
pump program.  That was in April!  July 20th he approved a pump for Cory.  On
Aug. 5th we went to a pump seminar/training session that was required.  We
completed all our paper work and mailed it to the endo.  About a week later I
called for confirmation that they had received it.  They said yes and that
the insurance company would send me a letter of approval or denial and if
approved we would set up an appointment to get on the pump. Several weeks
passed and  I never heard anything more so I called the endo again. At that
time I was told that the endo had just returned from vacation, had dictated
the letter the night before and it would be sent to the insurance company.
They said I should hear from the insurance company within 2 - 3 weeks.  When
I didn't hear from the insurance company I had our agent call them.  The ins.
co. said they had just received the papers that day and had it on there desk
right then!  A few days ago, I called the insurance company again to ck on
the status.  Know what?  The supervisor said they never received a letter
from the endo.  After going back and forth with the endo for several days,
they have now decided that they never sent the letter to the insurance
company!  Now why did they say they did in the beginning and why did the
insurance company say they had it on their desk?  None of this makes any
sense.  I hate to sound paranoid but it just seems like everyone is in a
conspiracy to keep Cory from getting the pump.  The endo has quit making
insulin adjustments.  He says I can handle it myself and that the combination
Cory is on cannot be managed.  His nurse said they never use NPH and H
together.  This mix was prescribed by the former endo ( I requested the H
instead of R). Cory has a 5 hour span from breakfast to lunch and even though
he eats a mid morning snack the NPH frequently peaks about 1/2 hour before
lunch and Cory drops to 40 - 60 range.  I have decreased both the NPH and H
insulin but he is still too low.  Cory has some massive canker sores right
now and although he swears he is eating his am snack, I wonder if he really
is. I am so upset about all this.  I thought he would have his pump long
before now.  Sorrry to spend so much time venting.  I have heard many of you
refer to NPH as evil so thought perhaps you would understand the problems we
have with it.  Now, does anyone know of a way to speed up the "pump getting"
Trying to calm down,
Grand-mom to Cory
age 11 ~ dx'd 12/28/98