[IP] cry for help, different story

>...First off, I want to say that I KNOW I am whining to this list, and I
>some of you don't care to hear from whining mothers, so go ahead and delete

> ...My 15 year old son started pumping on Aug. 15th.  He has always had a
> hard time dealing with the fact that he has diabetes. We have had a lot of
> denial problems in the past. Things have seemed to get out of hand lately.
> checked his meter last night, and things just didn't jive......numbers
> all too close together, too good of control for what we were used to...

I also haven't posted lately, but Eve has that some of the same problem:
dealing with the fact she has diabetes. I have been afraid to post about
this too, as I would be looked at as a whining parent or a parent that can't
do their job.

Instead of not checking her bg's, Eve has lately been not bolusing for
meals/snacks. Then later she will realize that she forgot and then without
checking herself gives herself large amounts of insulin. Some days she would
eat 5 meals or snacks and only bolus maybe two times all day. This has
happened even when I have asked right after a meal if she has bolused and
she said she did and I looked at her pump later to find out she never did.
She also has been putting false bolus amount in her log book to make it look
like she has bolused after meals/snacks. We don't know how long she has been
doing this. She keeps telling me she never has time to bolus, she is too
busy, but the facts are that at some of the times, I know she was not busy.
At some of these times she has pulled out her pump and made it look like she
has bolused. I don't know what to do. Right  now the only thing to do is
check her pump every night and try to find why she is doing this.

Eve feels that she is different from the other kids at school, they don't
have to bolus for meals or test her bg's, why should she have to. She won't
go down to the nurses office when she is feeling high or low to test her
bg's, again she would be different. The school will let her test in all
classrooms and she does carry a meter with her in school, but she won't
check her bg's b/c that would make her different. Once again I don't clue
what to do. Every time I try to talk to her about this she says "mom  you
don't know what it's like to have diabetes, you don't have to do this
stuff".  I don't know how to help her.

Deborah mom to Eve 13
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99