[IP] Teen Tactics [was: cry for help.....(long)]

At 4:23 AM -0400 10/5/00, Hirsch Meisels wrote:
> [...]

Well, I was a teen in the days before A1c's were invented (also the
"good" old days of urine testing, gee, how helpful), and I used to
completely fake my record book, especially for one endo who was so
strict and wouldn't listen when I told him I had a required class at
noon and couldn't test my urine at that time. ("Don't take the
class!" was his helpful instruction.) He told me, after I was his
patient for a year or two, that I was "the best-controlled patient"
he had (picture me rolling my eyes here).

I finally realized that I didn't have to feel guilty if my BGs were
bad, I just needed a doctor who would be a partner, not a dictator,
in helping me control my DM.

Diabetes management is incredibly difficult. Anytime anyone does it
half-way decently, they are to be commended.

Jenny Nash
email @ redacted
Type 1 diabetes since 1/31/73, pumping on a D. since 10/3/95.