[IP] Bonnies restless legs syndrome

Subject: [IP] Restless Leg Syndrome

Does anyone have any experience with Restless Leg Syndrome?  I may have
Bonnie R writes:
asked about this last year, can't remember.  I have been on .5 mg
Clonzapam/nightly for a couple of  years, started taking one then a few
months ago found I needed 1/5 and on occasion needed 2.   Found out it was a
"Class II" addictive type drug when the pharmacy would not let me fill Rx
ahead of schedule.  Called Doc and wanted to be weaned off of it (addictive
drugs scare me).   I am having no success getting off of it.  Every other
night I end up with 3-4 hours sleep and the other nights I end up with 5-6
hours sleep.   This lack of sleep is taking its toll.
based on your previoud posts to the list i can unerstand our fear of
controlled drugs but clonapin is very mild and I have used it extensively
to treay seizures and never saw any addiction. if it works well, use it, do
not be fearful of it, on the other hand restless legs smetimes rsponds to
anti parkonsons drugs such as Sinemet and pergolide mesylate. dtart with
low doses and invreaseslowly. if there is a dceny neurologist in town he'll
know sbout these drugs
originate in an ion leak in muscle cells