Re: [IP] Received Loveletterworm in Digest 525

On 3 Oct 2000, at 8:41, George Lovelace wrote:
> Michael has been notified and will attempt to strip out the offending
> material from Digest 525.  Hopefully it will be available through the
> archives later today without this variant of the VBS.Loveletter worm.
> To repair damage to your system from this virus, Symantec has
> made the following site available:
> http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/fix.vbs.loveletter.html

I should clarify this.  If you have Outlook and the vbs file was
enacted, then you may need to access the Symantec site.  It will
NOT be necessary for everyone who was able to retrieve the file.
As always, we strongly advise everyone to have some sort of anti-
viral protection running on your computer.