[IP] Question about Trigger Finger

I have developed trigger finger in my middle fingers on both my left and
right hand.  I remember reading some posts about this several months ago.  I
have seen my orthopedic doctor about it since March of this year and he
explained to me then all about the surgery that sometimes relieves.  Because
I was pregnant at the time that I first consulted him over this he opted to
give injections in both of my hands.  These worked for about 6 weeks and it
comes right back.  I looked some info on trigger finger up on the net and
several documents I read said that in most "diabetics" that the surgery is
required.  I went to my doc again today and for some reason it seems like he
is absolutely refusing to do the surgery.  Now he has given me a prescription
of cellbrex to take once a day for the next six weeks.  Does anyone with any
experience on this topic have any input.  Do the anti inflammatory pills work
or is the surgery a more effective technique.  Since I had a baby this year
and was also put on the pump in March I have well exceeded my out of pocket
expenses for my insurance to pay 100%.  If I have to have the suregery done I
would like to have it done this year.  Any input would be great!

Dee Dee