[IP] Re: Bad Weekend

> Subject: [IP] Bad Weekend...
> The set I put in her last night came from the
> first box we were given.  The last two, possibly three sets that have
> gone bad, came from a new box that we just got... Is it possible for a
> set to start out bad?  And is it possible for a whole collection of sets
> to be bad?  Or is there possibly another reason we have had problems
> with this box?
> Carrie, mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 10 mo, 5 1/2 YO, pumping since July 2000

Sorry to hear about your unplanned weekend. Hope Caitlyn is feeling better
by now. I didn't catch what kind of set you are using. If it is a SofSet it
should always be inserted with the SofSerter - it is a straight-in force
that helps soooooo much - and it is not painful, just a little noise at
first. Inserting them by hand can cause a kink. It happened to me, and DKA -
ketones can set in very quickly with that lack of insulin. If you are using
SofSets and do not have a SofSerter, call MiniMed and explain your problem.
They may send you a free one. ܰ