Re: [IP] high Bg¦S and set changes

In a message dated 10/2/00 1:47:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  > In spite everything I do, everytime I change my daughter's infustion
>  > sets, she has high bg's afterwards. I prime the sets as instructed.
>  > She will have high results for 1 or 2 hours after. Does this happen
>  > to anyone else and what could be the problem.
>  Sometimes this is due to insulin leaking from the old site wound.
>  Many pumpers leave the old set in place for a couple of hours to make
>  sure all remaining insulin at the site is absorbed before removing
>  the set. Works for us....!

I use silhouettes.  I do  leave the old set in place for a few hours after
hooking up to a new set.  I cap the old set just like I do when I remove the
pump to shower.  Is it necessary to cap it for the few hours it remains in
after a new set is hooked up?