Re: [IP] Any words of wisdom?

   I'm certain I won't be the only one to state the obvious: the reason you
see so many "problematic" posts here is because by doing so, the writer knows
that he/she can immediately access viable solutions from those who have "been
there/done that". The thousands of satisfied pumpers don't need to post about
how wonderful pumping is because, as someone else once stated, they're too
busy simply enjoying their new-found liberated lives!! If it's "testimonials"
you're seeking, search through the members' profiles and the digests and
you'll see LOTS of evidence as to why Pump Therapy is such a more "humane"
lifestyle for anyone with diabetes.
       You can also liken it to a car- if you're having mechanical problems,
you many bemoan the hassles & ask others to recommend a great mechanic, but
once the problem is solved & you're underway again, you wouldn't resort to a
bicycle as a mode of transportation because of those problematic moments. My
17 1/2 yr old daughter, pumping 4 1/2 years now, had a multitude of problems
in the first year, but we persevered so that she could live a
less-constrained, structured life as a teenager & YES, it has definitely been
worth all the "start-up" hassles (which by the way, not everyone experiences
   So welcome aboard the "Pump Bandwagon" soon & welcome to our "cyber
community" which enables pumpers, young & old, experienced & inexperienced,
to benefit from each others' stories.
Regards, Renee (melissa's pump mom)