Re: [IP] Any words of wisdom?

On 2 Oct 2000, at 10:18, Stephanie Fritz wrote:

> I am e-mailing anyone that can give me some good news about the pump. I am
> still on shots and will be starting the pump mid-October.  I joined this web
> site to hopefully get good news regarding the pump because I am so
> discouraged with shots and how I have been feeling lately, but it seems like
> I am seeing a lot of people frustrated with their pumps and having trouble.
> I don't want to make such a life change and go to the pump if I am still
> going to have trouble.  But, I feel like I don't have a choice. I have been
> diabetic for 14 years and feel like it is running my life. Never have I felt
> this way. I have always been able to manage the diabetes and feel normal.
> Now I feel like it is managing me.

Good News?   How about feeling like you have a functioning
pancreas again?  Having an A1c of less than 7.0 and not having the
severe hypos to pay for it.   It's not the diabetes that is managing
you, it is your insulin.  Now I manage my diabetes with my insulin.
Having the freedom to eat what you want, when you want, not what
and when your long term insulin dictates.  Or NOT eating; that was
one of the most radical things!   I finally feel that I am in control of
my life!

George Lovelace < email @ redacted >
Born 8/21/48, Dxed 6/14/64, "Reborn" 8/13/98