Re: [IP] highs after set change

<< Yvonne wrote:
 > In spite everything I do, everytime I change my daughter´s infustion sets,
 > she has high bg´s afterwards. I prime the sets as instructed. > Yvonne

There have been some postings on the list suggesting that leaving the old set
in for a couple of hours after a changeout will alleviate the highs. I forget
the theory behind it, however I do notice if I take my Sil out right away,
some clear fluid surfaces -- could be, or contain, insulin. If I leave the
Sil in for a couple of hours, I don't get that.

Jan and Elvis