[IP] Burning Boluses

In a message dated 9/30/00 7:34:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:44:12 -0500
 From: "Bud Hopper" <email @ redacted>
 Subject: [IP] Burning Boluses
 If you saw Crocodile Dundee, you'll understand this comment.  Large
 boluses??  Eight units or more at a time??  That is not a large bolus.  I
 often times bolus in excess of the 25 units allowed by the pump and then
 continue with another 5 or so.  That's a large bolus!
 I use the Disetronic, and yes it does burn!  So much so, that I have to rub
 it to try to limit the pain.
I believe I'm coming in on the tail end of this.  What are you referring to??
 My 7 yr. old daughter says that when I do a site change, sometimes the first
bolous burns.  I'm taking it that this happens to alot of people??  She
doesn't bolus more then 3.0 units at one time.  We also use the Disetronic
pump with the rapid.

Thanks for any input,

Amanda's mom  dx at age 3 1/2  4/97   pumping at age 6  7/99