[IP] Re: A1c's

George wrote:

>>Let's remember to keep the A1c numbers in perspective.  The
easiest way is to convert them to mg/dl by multiplying by 18.  Thus
an A1c of under 4.4 is Hypo (under 80) and a A1c of 7.0 is 126.
Not an extreme high Bg, but one to work down on average.  A 5.6
is right at a 100.  Each lab may have a slightly different scale for
normal values though, so do be careful when comparing.<<

You also have to ask what is considered normal for the lab doing the A1c.
My endo told me that the 4.5 I had was "in the normal range" and was fine.
Different labs can have different "normals".  Again, even A1c's are a YMMV
sort of thing.