Re: [IP] New to list and pump

In a message dated 10/1/00 2:19:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> o my primary doesn't have any experience using the pump and
>  this has been a learning experience for him as well. He's a great
>  Dr. and sometimes I think he's been more excited about this than
>  me. I would love to hear about anyone else's experiences with a
>  doctor that hasn't had a patient on a pump before. Again, anything
>  to help in this transition would be great appreciated.
>  Gail

My endo does not have a clue what is going on with the pump.  He just cares
that I am getting insulin and that my A1C is good.  He considers the pump
merely a convenience to me which will then give me incentive to control my
blood sugar better.  He sent me to a medical ctr where I received some
training but in the end MM straightened things out and got me on the right

I live in central New Jersey where there doesn't seem to be much pump
support.  A MM Cde helped in the beginning and Pumping Insulin 3rd edition
and this website is what I use now when I have a problem.