[IP] I just need to vent

I'm one week into pumping, and everything was going pretty well until I got
an occlusion message this morning when I tried to bolus.  I went through all
the trouble shooting by myself and with the Diesetronic  rep, and we came to
the conclusion that the pump was broken.   And I don't have a backup pump
because I'm under the power of choice program, and I'm waiting to choose
between a backup or the new D-tron.  I can't tell you how frustrated and
unhappy I am about drawing up another syringe this morning.  I'm back at
ground zero.  I've finally dried my tears of  frustration, but I'm not sure I
can face going through the whole process of starting on the pump again, if
it's only going to malfunction in another week.  I'm sure that I will once my
rational side takes over again, but for now I'm so bummed!  I just needed to
vent.  Also, have any of you had many pump malfunction problems in the past?
I just want to know how often I can count on this happening.