Re: [IP] Tricare Military Denied

Sally -

I was denied authorization of my pump (Mini Med) the first time I tried to
get it too.  I had Pacificare insurance at the time so my circumstances may
be different.  I contacted Mini Med (1-800-933-3322) and they put me in touch
with someone in their contracts and appeals dept.  That person gathered all
my information (blood sugars, history with diabetes, etc.) and wrote and
appeals letter for me (this was in 1996).  She mailed the letter to me to
proof read and I sent it on to my insurance company and it worked!!  I was
approved for the pump.

I hope this info. helps and good luck to you.