Re: [IP] 508 & Daylight savings!! Funny!!!!! -long

Well, from my understanding, the pump automatically changes the time for
you.  However, there must be two places this time is stored.  Internally &
externally (please forgive me if I'm explaining this wrong!).  When the
outside changed, like it was suppose to, it didn't match up with the time on
the inside... so the alarm went off and KEPT GOING OFF!!!!  Guess what
frustrated me is I didn't get any help for close to 4 hours.  Only pumping a
week, I was scared to death.  Then the person who called me (she was
extremely nice), didn't really know much about it either.  I told her what
took so long to call back and she said that they were swamped with calls.
Then I said, well, this pump didn't deliver insulin for that entire time,
I've been awake doing it myself.  She said that was incorrect and I said: Oh
yes, it is.  She put me on hold, then came back on and said:  "You are
correct, the pump does not deliver insulin when the alarm is going off.  I
told her that I was real hesitant about continuing this, will this keep
going on now at every time change.  Her answer, "Yes, but you just need to
get up and change that time".  I'm sorry, I didn't spend $5,495 on a pump
that doesn't work properly.  That's when I placed my call to MiniMed this
morning and told them they better get this problem fixed and I want to know
about it.  I'm sure they thought I was a "real" B----... but, heck, I was
tired and the support I thought was going to be there in the time I needed
them, wasn't!