Re: [IP] Non Compliance? Or Ignorance?

On 31 Oct 99, at 12:23, email @ redacted wrote:

> functioning!  So the conversation continues , he doesn't test regulary, and
> is taking 2 shots a day, doesn't watch what he eats and is fine!  Now i'm

This is not just lay people -- medical professionals often think this
way.  I was going for minor surgery once and was talking with the
anesthesioligist about my blood sugars, and he said "I dont really
think it makes a difference how good a diabetic keeps control,
some people get the problems and others dont".  I talked to him
about the DCCT and he had never even heard of it!!!!