Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Selling medical equipment (was ...another Ebay problem)

I think the reason for those laws is to prevent the manufacturers from
selling directly to consumers who may not need or be able to use the
product.  There are an amazing number of unscrupulous folks out there who'll
sell "snake oil" to gullible folks.  So, the rule about doctors having to
approve these things to protect patients.  In 18 years of medicine, I've
never, ever heard of any law enforcement agency that gives a flying flip
about whether someone is selling used medical equipment.  Who would possibly
enforce this law?

So, if your doctor says this thing is appropriate for you, buy it any way
you can.  I would encourage a patient who needed a pump and didn't have
insurance to just that.

Just my opinion, of course.

Nancy Morgan, Jenna's mom, and MD, too