Re: [IP] Re: Selling medical equipment (was ...another Ebayproblem)

I was so sick and needed a pump (my doc told me this) but at that time the
insurance we had did not cover..so we scanned the Atlanta Journal
Constitution. And one day Lo and Behold there was one for sale..we called
and the man and his wife came to our house..and brought it with. They
showed us how to use it as I was too sick to leave the house. I was
bedbound. Jerry (my hubby) went to my doctors office and my doc wrote out
what basals he wanted for me. We came home and followed the video..set the
thing up oursleves and I have been pumping ever since.come to find out the
man we bought our pump from was a patient of my doc. The man could no
longer use the pump because he had a job that was working in high places
and the heat here in GA would make any tape he used come off so he went
back to MDI. IF it were not for the fact I got my pump this way I would be
either dead (I had to be on prednisone) or very sick with complications.
I asked around medical supply places about the legality of buyoing this
pump and also on the diabetes list and it is a gray area for re-sales..and
my endo certainly didn't have a problem with it..so that is my story and I
am so thankful we did what we had to do for my life.
Good grief..they have every piece of medical equpt in the newspaper for
sale from x ray machines to other things...life goes on and I sure am
thankful I have mine..so my first pump saved my life. I know of others who
have had to get thier pumps this way also.
It was one expensive year for us because we also had to get a power chair
which we got used but it was good..now I have a really classy chair as well
as a one armed wheel chair..
oh well..that is my story and I am sticking to it.:) (Hmmm my mom could use
a pump..maybe I will ned to look at that site)
email @ redacted