[IP] Re: ketones

I got DM at 6 3/4 years of age.  I have had it for 50 years.  I never
stayed home from anything due to high BG, , ketones, etc.  Just watched
Urine (at that time), careful about diet, and carry on.  My Dr. Haunz =
past President of ADA told my Mom to treat her as normal as possible.
Don't let her use DM as an excuse for not doing things and living..  I
was raised that way and thank God for that advice and a mother who
listened to it.    I had to make up my own mind if I could or couldn't do
some things.  For instance, there were a few careers I would have chosen
if they accepted Diabetics or if I thought I could handle that job being
a diabetic.  Needless to say, I did not choose those because I had been
taught to think for myself and take responsibility for my self and my