Re: [IP] Diabetes Vs Heart Disease

In a message dated 10/30/99 10:56:55 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< << also would anyone happen to know the # of cases of heart disease which
  caused by diabetes? >> >>

I had this discussion with my endo the other day for an article I was
writing. His notes show that an estimated 55 percent of type 2s die from
cardiac problems. There was 40 percent from one kind and 15 percent from
another, but I don't recall which -- and don't have my notes with me. (Not
sure I divided it up, either, as I was only looking for overall numbers.)