Re: [IP] Diabetes Vs Heart Disease

In a message dated 10/30/99 6:56:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< also would anyone happen to know the # of cases of heart disease which is
 caused by diabetes? >>
 I don't know the answer to this one, but I found it interesting that the
head of our state senate died recently and they listed the cause as
complications due to heart disease.  As I read it in the paper, he went into
the hospital on his own.  He had diabetes and had a cut on his foot that was
not healing .  The infection took over and he had a heart attack.  He died a
few days later. I would think the cause of death would be complications due
to diabetes.  When we hear the numbers cited when trying to get funding for
diabetes, I wonder how skewed they are because of cases like this.