Re: [IP] Caitlyn's Mom - I vote for pump

In a message dated 10/29/99 7:56:32 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I WANT A PUMP!!!!  I feel like they are
 coming up with answers that seem nice to that they can discourage
 getting the pump.
    Does anybody know what the ideal A1C count is for a almost 5 year old?
 Is 8.8, and increase from july, bad?  I am really starting to get
 confused!  HELP! >>

Don't have a child, but know that I feel a real difference in my general well
being from a 8.8 to a 6.5 to 7.0.  450's are not "OK" as you well know for
anyone.  I was constantly exhausted from the ups and downs and ketones that
come with a 8.8.  Just had one of those last year (even with pumping) when
our house burned down and the resulting termoil I didn't deal well with and
let DM go a little too wild.  Now back in the target range of 6.5 to 7.5 and
exercising again and feeling wonderful!  Dosen't a 5 year old deserve to feel
great too?

Sounds to me like a bunch of excuses because it may be hard to get approval
for a pump for a 5 yr old.  But I think its a good option if you're ready to
deal with it and it sounds like you are.  Time to get pushy.  I'm sure the
other parents of pumpers can supply you with some good "ammo" here.

Best wishes,