Re: [IP] Diabetes Advisory committee

This is fabulous!

<JDF has recently implemented a new program called "Bag
of Hope" which contains the Rufus Bear, helpful booklets & items designed to
facilitate the "crash course" in Diabetes 101. It was designed by a mom out
west who has her chapter's distribution of these canvas tote bags down to a
science. I spoke to her at the JDF conference in California in June & she
told me they have compiled a list of volunteers with kids of various ages who
make "home visits" (or hospital visits) to newly dx'd families, dropping off
the bags, offering help & support.>

I guess our pediatric endo team at St. Peter's in New Brunswick, NJ really
deserves their reputation as one of the best in the state.  I just wish I
could get that shrink!