[IP] max resivour?

When I started ppumping in July, me cde had me fill my res. with 160 units.
Now that I am stable most of the time, I find that I am wasting about 46 to
60 units each time I change the set.  I change it every three days.  I spoke
with MM today and they suggested that 160 is usually the starting point for
most people and in time they cut back.  To use lees insulin it requires me to
put something inside the pump to hold the resivour.  They are sending me
something for this along with instructions,  Has anyone had to do this?