[IP] jessica and 0.0 basals

nita,

if you were finding jessica going low around two hours after breakfast  (in
that time period of around 9:30-10:00 am)   perhaps the carb ratio is too
much.

we were having a problem in this time slot also.  now she is at a 0.2 basal
from 10 - 2 pm (essentially while at school)  and we ended up raising her
carb ratio from 1:19  (MDI) to 1:32 on pump!
this helped enormously with those two hour after eating lows.  they were
sudden drops.  we just gradually changed the carb ratio by 0.1-0.2  units
each day until  she was getting more towards 140 BG post-prandial.

just a thought.  if the 0.0 works well and she doesn't get low, and her
numbers stay fine until afternoon, then "don't fix it if it ain't broke"

good luck and we are glad you stayed with IP mailing list!

ruth
mom of 10 1/2 yr. old geneva