Re: [IP] Ebay (you don't need to apologize)

In a message dated 10/29/99 9:02:47 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< >I am truly sorry I posted this, due to the problems here and the private
 >pump, but I also thought that some of you might be interested in the
 >sleepshirts and pump cases.  Seems I can't post anything anymore without
 >receiving private emails that aren't very nice.
 >Thinking about quitting the list now...
 >Mom of Jessica, age 7, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1 year >>

I'm truly sorry about the response you received on this.  Please don't let
the bad outweigh the good you gain from this list.

I for one didn't think a thing about it being "illegal" or wrong to buy that
pump on Ebay.  Being someone who has spent many years of being DM without
insurance I thought it was extremly kind of you to share what you had found.
Had I read your post five years ago when I so desperately wanted a pump and
couldn't afford one, I would have thought it a God-send to find this post.
Sure, its not the best way to get a pump, but after having one and seeing the
vast difference it has made in my life, I'd do anything I could to get one,
or help another diabetic obtain one.  Your efforts were kind and generous.
It's too bad there are people waiting to lash out.  Please be assured that
most of the world isn't like that.

Hope you stay, we'd miss you,