Re: [IP] exercise and the pump/situps

In a message dated 10/28/99 6:57:55 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< By this question it will be obvious that I am a newbie. Can you do sit ups
 and crunches for the abdomen if the infusion set is in your abdomen? I
 thought about it and wondered if that would push it out? Probably a dumb
 question but I really dont know that much yet. >>
Not a dumb question al all.  Sure better to ask than to have a problem.  I've
been doing almost hour long step classes with a 20-minute "abs" session
afterward.  Killer and I sure do need it.  Anyway, haven't had any problem
with crunches or sit ups. I use regular sof-sets in my abdomen.  When I was
using bent needles a few years ago occasionally I would bend over wrong from
the waist and the needle would twist and be really painful.  Since switching
to the sof-sets, no problems.  About the only way you'd have a problem is if
your tape comes lose.

Happy pumping!