[IP] Fwd: JDF Report/Al Gore

-- BEGIN included message

As I said I would do, we saw Al Gore on Monday.  Stephen came with me and
wrote a letter to Al.  He was too shy to read it himself, but Al read it out
loud and asked questions about it.  He mentioned the funding was increased
under Gingrich, because Gingrich has a relative with diabetes, and that he
would look into the NIH budget to see about increasing it.  Not a very strong
answer.  Anne was there and brought the ADA petition and asked him to sign
it.  He said no, but he will take a copy and look into the idea of shifting
the funding towards researching a cure.  Again a non answer.  But at least we
were heard.

-- END included message