Re: [IP] effects of large ketones/highs

> ...wondering if we have to change her
> > site AGAIN...or if having had ketones this am would have caused her
> > to be high later in the day.
> Yes, possible. Ketones can cause insulin resistance that will persist
> for a while.

well, michael, I shipped her off to a halloween carnival tonight with a temp
basal set for 1.0 instead of her normal 0.5 because she was 260 at dinner
after she ate nothing but eggs and sugar free jello after school.

I am just hoping that this is what to expect after large ketones this am.
new to ketones.

I will continue to set a higher basal tonight and check frequently.

mom to geneva...probably eating cotton candy now and 400!