Re: [IP] moderate ketones..what to do?

> Giving plenty of water is the first step
> my next step would have been to call his ped.endo or the one on call,
called DCE who has voice mail.  she was dx'd in NC and we are now in CA.
never had ketones before.  our endo does a clinic every month up  in a town
half hour from here. the pediatric voice mail says to call 911 in an
emergency.  I don't think we should.

> > Did you give her an injection?

> Did you do a site change?
yes...it was a real severe crimp in the cannula

> Keep giving plenty of water.

she came down to 268 from 360 half hour ago.  now has LARGE ketones. shall I
call someone? she feels crummy.  not throwing up though.