[IP] After Breakfast Highs

Hi All, a while back I asked for suggestions to
correct after bkfast highs that Ryan was having. We
would bolus correct amount 3-4 hours after he was on
target, but spiked high for a couple hours in between.
I tried lots of your suggestions (thanks), I think we
finally found an answer.

Last night, we increased the basal rate 3 hrs before
he gets up. (was .9 5-8am, incr to 1.0 5-8am) it
worked. Still had a small "spike" but not enough to
make him "sick". Increasing the carb ratio caused a
low after 2 hr. weird. In the AM, he's quite insulin
resistant and a BG of 250 will make him feel sick, but
later in the day, he can get up to 300 and doesn't
notice. Jose was having the same problem, have you
tried increasing basal pre-bkfast Jose? as always
YMMV. Thanks for everyone's help. I just love the
digest! -Rae

Do You Yahoo!?