>From midnight to noon, if anything, I have a slight dropping effect -
maybe 130 at midnight and 85 at noon, depending on if I walked to the
farther bus stop or not ;)  If not, it's usually more around 100.

When my blood sugars are "good," one unit of humalog can drop me over 150
pts... so yes, 1/3 unit could easily cover 48 pts for me.  As for 18 g of
in cheese?????? Not quite... don't have a label in front of me, but I think
is more like 6 g / 1 oz, which if 60% converts to carbs (ala. Natalie Sera)
then that'd be about 4 g, which for me is about .25 of a unit == your 1/3
So it did what everyone else expected ;)

But see, when I was "taught" carb counting, I was basically taught to ignore
protein... sigh, be patient with me, I am still learning!

And ruth... you might not want to give geneva cheese anymore when she is

So what DO we eat if we don't want to see a blood sugar change ?

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:43:24 -0400
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re:  [IP] cheese (again!)

OK Susan, so what do you think your BG would have done if you had nothing
to eat?  I suspect maybe your basals are not perfect for the morning.
Anyway, just a guess.  You mihgt have needed 1/3 U to cover the protein in
the cheese.  How much would 1/3 u lower your BG?  Probably not 48, so I
still suspect  your basals are showing.  YMMV doesn't mean there is not
logical reason---there is a reason---it just means that everyone may have a
different reason :-)
- -wayne.

<<<<<So this morning I ate cheese - just cheese for breakfast - just to do a
little test.  (And no, it was not satisfying and now I AM hungry and am
going to go get something more to eat!)
Anyways, 1 oz. of cheddar raised me 48 pts!  As for carb content of low fat
versus full fat cheeses - almost every label I've ever seen says "1g." - of
course that could mean 0.9 or 1.4, etc. but I doubt the variation "counts"
all that much.