Re: [IP] Fried Chicken

In a message dated 10/27/99 7:05:20 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Any ideas of what happened.  I
 ate dinner around 6:30pm.  Was it all the fat in the chicken that slowed
 down the absorption of the carbs.  Thanks for the input.  I have given
 up so much rice, pasta and french fries now fried chicken.  What is my
 world coming to. >>
Yes, I'd say the fat was the culprit.  Many people try a square wave bolus to
cover this situation.  I set a temp basal rate higher because my pump is
older and doesn't have the square wave.  Fried chicken probably falls into
the same category as the dreaded pizza.  What's your world coming to?  Mine
has come to only eating these foods at lunch when I can keep a better eye on
them.  Waking up high stinks!

Best of luck
DM 20 yrs; pumping 4 yrs