Re: [IP] Diabetes Advisory committee

   You've hit upon a critical area of misinformation disseminated by
hospitals- i.e. sins of "omission". In the race to cram so much information
into a short period of time, essential information for self-management is
often overlooked. Your panic regarding a high blood sugar is comparable to my
panic when Melissa had a "LOW" of 78....I mean, after all, they'd told me I
was supposed to keep her between 80-180, so 78 HAD to mean she was in danger,
right???.... Maybe what we need to do is compile a TOP TEN list of things all
patients with diabetes should know before leaving the hospital.....A lot of
the "biology 101" explanations for WHY/HOW the pancreas stopped functioning
can be probed later, but knowing CONCRETELY how to react to a high, a low,
parameters for both, etc. would have been helpful....

Regards, Renee