[IP] Diabetes Advisory committee

Hi all,

I was recently asked to be a part of our local hospitals Diabetes
Advisory Committee.  Went to my first meeting today and it was very
informative to see things from their point of view.  We went over things
like education needed, protocols for DKA in the ER, and ped. protocols
for DKA and hypoglycemia, among other things.  I was asked to bring any
suggestions I may have to the next meeting.  So I thought I would post
here if anyone had any suggestions on things hospitals can do to make
things better for those with D and new diagnosis.  You can respond here
or to me personally.

Leann Pruitt
mother of Alex(10)