Re: [IP] Re: starting the pump with saline

In a message dated 10/26/99 6:52:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Now I have been on MDI for 17
 years and never felt a pain such as this. Does that go away fairly quick? I
 am a wreck about the site so I feel as if I am walking around like a
 mannequin. >>
 Minimed told me that if Stephen has pain during insertion, there is probably
going to be a problem with the site and so he should take it out an try a new
site.  The few times he as "stuck it out" with a site that hurt on insertion
it has only lasted a day or so.  He also quickly switched to silhouettes
because the softsets were too uncomfortable for him and he liked the quick
release without the tail.
Good Luck!