Re: [IP] RE: Pump bumpology

In a message dated 10/26/99 12:02:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< It sure helps to know that maybe I'm not hallucinating about the IV Prep
 causing pump bumps after all...
 Out of curiosity, what does your son use now for sterilization?

Hi Dan,
        We now just cleanse the area with antibacterial soap and water prior
to insertion and make sure the area is good and dry.  We lay down a peice of
Tegaderm and insert through the Tegaderm.  Sometimes we "sandwich" the Sil
with a piece of IV3000 with a hole cut out.  This has been working just fine
so far.  He does end up with a red area from the tape now that we don't use
the IV Prep, but that is minimal compared to those BUMPS!  They were big,
hard lumps about the size of a quarter....no redness, heat or oozing.  Just
HARD, like a ball under the skin.  He said they were sore and they looked
        I wish I had some of the answers to your other questions....I'd be
very interested to see the answers.

Good Luck,