Re: [IP] Pump bumpology

In a message dated 10/25/99 7:27:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced (or is
 experiencing) pump bumps and is using IV Preps...

Hi Dan,
        My 9 year old son had the same problem and thanks to Ellen on the
list, we were able to trace it to the IV Prep!  Our doc and MiniMed both
suspected the teflon canula, and I was not a happy camper about trying rapids
to find out.  Some of his bumps were about the size of a quarter and took
almost a week to go away.  We were running out of sites, cause on the stomach
of a 68lb kid, quarter sized bumps take up LOTS of room!  Since we stopped
using the IV Prep, we have had NO more bumps since then.  I hope this helps.