Re: [IP] Bake sale lady

email @ redacted wrote:
> In a message dated 10/25/99 12:30:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << Like cupcake icing doesn't have a ton of fat in it, too???????
>  Wouldn't the Rice Krispie treats have the least fat, given as how
>  they're mostly rice krispies and marshmallows, both NON-fat, with a bit
>  of butter mixed in? >>
>  Natalie:  She was looking for a high sugar item, so I think the amount of
> fat she was talking about had to do with sugar absorbtion, not weight
> control.  Seems the frosting would be better than a rice crispies treat in
> this case, but I could be wrong.

Of course, I KNOW that she wasn't talking about weight control! But fat
in an item slows down the absorption of the sugar, and so to treat a
hypo with a high-fat item, like a chocolate bar or chocolate icing on a
cupcake, is not the most effective remedy.

The fastest hypo remedies are those that are pure glucose; the second
fastest are sucrose.

Clear cake decorating gel, which is what you get in the tubes, is pretty
much pure sucrose and/or glucose; the creamy frosting on a cupcake has a
hefty dose of fat.

I'm pretty sure the Rice Krispies Treat has less of a percentage of fat
than the cake frosting; and of the two, that's what *I* would choose,
but as Jan said, when you're hypo, you're pretty befuddled, and it's
hard to remember stuff like that!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted