Re: [IP] Which Pump???

At 08:40 PM 10/24/1999  Carolyn Green wrote:
>Thanks Sam for your response. You are right. I guess that I am just nervous
>about making the right choice as this is a big change from my 22 years of

It is a little scary at first... but it grows on you. I've been diabetic
for almost 21 years and pumping for only 14 months. Once you get past the
learning curve and readjusting old habits, you'll never want to go back to
MDI. Just learn as much as you can and ask questions here. Relax, take one
step at a time and don't worry about the rest... it'll all come together.
We've all been there.

>I suppose that service would also depend on your area rep and how
>efficient they are at their job.

A good rep can be very helpful getting the initial approvals and overcoming
the insurance hurdles. Afterwards, you are mostly going to rely on the
company 24hr help line. I have a MM507 that I got in June 1998 and
fortunately I've never had to call for help yet.